Fire Damages Shed Near Hospers

A machine shed with an apartment inside was damaged in a fire Tuesday afternoon near Hospers.

According to Hospers Fire Chief Jason Overmole, the Hospers Fire Department received the call at 12:40 p.m. and were dispatched to the fire on Nest Avenue, northeast of Hospers.

Light smoke was seen coming from the building with a small area of discolored metal visible as firefighters approached the scene.  Overmole says they used an interior attack, then pulled sheet metal from outside to get at the fire.

No injuries were reported during the fire.  Overmole says that an apartment inside the shed sustained significant damage, and that the cause of the fire appears to be electrical.

Granville and Sheldon Fire Departments assisted with the blaze.  Firefighters were on the scene for about two hours.

Courtesy of Community First Broadcasting Media Partner KIWA