Rock Valley Fire at Implement Dealer Likely Caused by Heater Chimney

February 07, 2023 4:16pm

Fire Truck1

The Rock Valley Fire Department was called to Town & Country Implement in Rock Valley Tuesday morning after smoke was seen coming out of the roof of the shop area.  According to Rock Valley Fire Chief Brent Eshuis, it was determined the source of the smoke was smoldering insulation in the ceiling.  Firefighters had to remove the tin ceiling to gain access to the insulation to extinguish it. 


Eshuis says firefighters were on the scene for about two hours, and there were no injuries.  He says the fire likely started from a chimney extending through the ceiling from a ceiling mounted heater.  The equipment was removed from the shop area before firefighters arrived, therefore no equipment was damaged; the only damage is the tin ceiling that was removed and the burned insulation.  Hull and Sioux Center fire departments assisted as a precaution.