Hiway 71 Construction in Okoboji Set to Begin This Spring
January 18, 2023 10:14am
The Iowa Department of Transportation has announced a new website with information regarding the Highway 71 construction project which is set to begin this spring and is expected to be complete in 2024. The project will improve pavement, intersections, and sidewalks.
Officials say they will make efforts to not interrupt the busy summer season by completing the road work during “off-peak” tourist season that’s before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. The work is scheduled to be completed in four phases over two years.
DOT Officials say some of the improvements you can expect to see in the area when the project is done include:
- New pavement on U.S. 71 from Okoboji Grove Road in Arnolds Park through Okoboji View Avenue in Okoboji.
- Extension of the three-lane section of U.S. 71 to the south of Lake Street.
- Improved mobility in the area by updating the sidewalks to be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- New barrier rail that separates vehicles from pedestrians on the causeway.
- Aesthetic enhancements on the causeway barrier rail and updated pavement in the space between the road and the barrier rail.
- New traffic signals at Lake Street and Linden Street in Arnolds Park.
The first phase of the project is set to begin in mid-March, and conclude before Memorial Day weekend.
Courtesy of media partner KUOO
State Economic Development Authority Director Attends Ribbon Cutting in Sioux Center
January 20, 2023 3:32pm
Friday afternoon, Dordt University and Sioux Center city officials hosted a ribbon cutting
Dordt Mourns Loss of Student, Emma Nibbelink
January 13, 2023 10:29am
Emma Nibbelink, a Dordt University freshman from Luverne, Minnesota, passed away in a car
Interim Director Named For Family Crisis Centers
January 11, 2023 2:18pm
Family Crisis Centers announced that the Board of Directors appointed the Director of Victim
Dordt University Student Dies in Car Crash
January 11, 2023 10:41am
A Minnesota woman is dead after a crash last night south of Hull. 18-year-old Emma
Decker Receives Life Sentence in Murder Case
December 14, 2022 11:04am
Allison Decker, the woman convicted of 1st degree murder in the death of Angel Bastman of Lake