Sunday Night Attic Fire in Le Mars Extinguished
May 24, 2021 8:53am
Firefighters responded to a structure fire Sunday night in Le Mars. According to a press release, crews were called to the scene at 8:18 P.M.
Fire Chief David Schipper said crews made entry and put out a fire in the attic of a residence on Plymouth Street. The release states heavy smoke was present in the attic and had to be ventilated with positive pressure fans.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental; the release states electrical equipment to an air conditioning unit malfunctioned in the attic causing a fire to start in the wiring and insulation.
Firefighters removed the burning insulation by hand and extinguished the insulation outside. Crews were on the scene for one hour.
One man was in the home at the time of the fire. He was treated on the scene by Le Mars ambulance for smoke inhalation and released. No one else was injured.
Damage to the home is estimated to be $3,600.
Courtesy of Media Partner KTIV
Driver Identified in Semi vs Train Accident Near Le Mars
June 18, 2021 1:52pm
Authorities have identified the semi driver who was sent to the hospital Thursday after his
Information Sought in Granville Theft of Tires and Rims
June 16, 2021 10:36am
The Sioux County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a theft that occurred at G & H
Sioux Center Woman Arrested For Burglary and Other Charges
June 16, 2021 7:39am
A Sioux Center woman faces several burglary charges after being arrested by the Sioux Center
Sioux Center Declares Water Watch as Drought Continues
June 08, 2021 4:30pm
The City of Sioux Center is currently listed in "Severe Drought" conditions, because of this
Highway 10 Closure to Begin Thursday
June 07, 2021 2:58pm
Highway 10 west from Highway 75 will be closed for six weeks beginning later this week.