Man Dies After Le Mars Hog Confinement Fire
November 11, 2019 11:52am
A Sioux City man has died from injuries he sustained in a hog confinement fire near Le Mars.
According to Le Mars Fire-Rescue, 38-year-old Jorge Orozco of Sioux City died from his injuries on November 9 at St. Elizabeths Hospital in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Officials say on Sept. 30, Le Mars Fire-Rescue responded to a fire located north of Le Mars. When firefighters arrived, they found a trailer fully engulfed next to a hog confinement building.
Before Fire-Rescue arrived, Orozco was already burned and was being transported to Floyd Valley Healthcare by a private vehicle.
Orozco was then airlifted to St. Elizabeths Hospital. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.
Courtesy of media partner KTIV
Dordt University Names Director For New Center
This fall, Dordt University will welcome Jeff Kelly as the new director of the K and K Dooyema
Summer Rec Programs Have Green Light To Proceed
With the recent lifting of restrictions for more businesses, Sioux Center Arts and Recreation is
Support Continues For Multi-Family Housing in Sioux Center
May 20, 2020 9:00am
The Sioux Center City Council shared support for potential local developers of multi-family housing
Village Northwest Unlimited Cancels Annual 4th of July Fireworks For 2020
May 19, 2020 9:30am
The Independence Day Celebration, hosted each year on the campus of Village Northwest Unlimited in
NCC Implements Social Distancing Measures for Summer 2020 Term
May 15, 2020 10:12am
Northwest Iowa Community College is continuing to take enhanced precautions to ensure the safety,